April 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Mommy!

just mixing some ingredients...


waiting for the timer to "ding"...

hmmm...looks like someone sampled the frosting!


Thank you Ellie!



Happy Mommy, Happy Birthday



I am officially 28 years old. I guess that is still young because I haven't reached the point where I dread birthdays. Then again, maybe it's just that no matter how old I get, my husband and all my siblings are always older. :) In any case, I had a great day. I spent the whole day with Dan and Ellie (and our dog, Jaxie) and it was perfectly imperfect. I tried to sleep in, but Ellie wanted mommy and Jaxie was scratching at the door so she could go chase the squirrels. Dan made breakfast sandwiches...but with eggs sunny side up instead of scrambled and when I bit into one, the yolk shot out and down the sleeve of my new shirt. Philene and Jerry watched Ellie so we could finally see a movie...but it turned out to be more of a guy's movie than one for me. Dinner was a rushed Papa Murphy's pizza and Ellie fell asleep without a bath (FOR THE THIRD DAY IN A ROW!) and shoes on... but it was perfect. I spent the whole day with my hubby, we treated ourselves to Starbucks (with all the fixings), and my darling little girl made me a birthday cake (complete with upside down candles). I couldn't have asked for anything better.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, lady! Is it possible that we are almost 30? Your daughter seriously gets cuter in every picture. Did you see the photos from Erin's shower? If not let me know and I'll send you the ones of Ellie - she is so funny! She's totally posing specifically for the camera in every one of them. I will not soon forget her shouting out "cheese" in an attempt to have her picture taken...priceless....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is Kaci by the way. I always forget that my posting name doesn't show who I am....

    ReplyDelete