I'm gonna live where the green grass grows
Watch my corn pop up in rows
Every night be tucked in close to you
Raise our kids where the good Lord's blessed
Point our rockin' chairs towards the west
And plant our dreams where the peaceful river cools
Where the green grass grows
-Tim McGraw

Today I smelled the grass. Seriously. I actually got to lay on a towel on our new, perfectly green lawn and smell the grass. I love the smell of freshly cut grass in the summer but ironically, this is the first time in my marriage that I have been able to indulge in this simple pleasure! We lived first in an apartment and then in the Milton home (which had no back yard) so I never was able to enjoy the private space to relax in such a way. I lay there for almost an hour today and listened to airplanes, flying bugs, a lawn mower, a few kids playing somewhere in the park on the other side of our fence, and Jaxie's jaw smacking as she tried to catch the flying bugs. It was music to my ears! Summertime. Relax. Be lazy. Lovin' it!
And when I wasn't relaxing in our back yard, I was of course having fun with our little darling daughter and my handsome husband of 5 years! Here are some pictures:
At Lake Tapps


Ellie being a kid in our new backyard
Ellie and Jaxie saying "Good night."
Jaxie slept in the play tent in Ellie's room :) Seriously cute.



The Lord has certainly blessed us here! Goodnight and love to all,
Ang
That yard looks like green velvet. Dan has done wonders with that yard already. Ellie looks adorable! Hope all is well. - JON
ReplyDeleteI'd say we have all been blessed. Move over Jaxie, mema needs some room too. It really is the small things in life that are the most enjoyable.
ReplyDelete