August 19, 2009

An Early Birthday Present

Dan and I decided that this year, we wanted to get Ellie a swing set for her birthday. I never had one as a kid but I remember how much I loved to play on my cousin Katie Rae's. Anyway, Dan and I have been so excited and we wanted Ellie to have time to enjoy the swing set before it gets too cold (although I know she will be out there rain, sleet or snow!), so we decided to give it to her now. After Ellie went to bed last night, Dan worked in the dark with a spotlight to have the swing set ready for our little girl this morning (that is one of those things that I just love about Dan). When she woke up this morning, we told her we had an early birthday surprise for her. I wish you could have been here to see her shock, excitement and total joy. She was so happy she actually got quiet! She didn't know what else to do or say but smile and run right for the swings! Happy Soon-To-Be Birthday Ellie! :)

2 comments:

  1. How exciting Ellie! I can't wait to see your swing set. I can't believe you can pull yourself up on that bar. You are quite the gymnast. You make Auntie Tara so proud!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've just guaranteed your daughter will have year-round fun and excercise. Our girls love their "castle" as they call it. She's already an acrobat. I can see Olympics 2020 in her future!

    ReplyDelete