March 16, 2010

35 Weeks, Ultra Sound, and Big Sister

Today, I had my 35 week ultrasound. We saw and confirmed some good things. 1) She is definitely a she. WHEW! 2) She is healthy and beautiful with thick hair. 3) The cord is floating in front of baby's face but is not wrapped around her neck. 4) Baby is finally head down! Hooray! She is measuring a little bigger than 6 pounds which is bigger than I'd like at this point but nothing to be too worried about (it's all an estimation anyway but it certainly makes me more anxious to have her sooner than later!). We were able to see her in 3D which was amazing but unfortunately the technician was unable to save a good picture because the umbilical cord was in the way. Here she is: It is not a great picture because at this stage she is so cramped in my tummy but you still get a sense of her profile.
And here is a video clip. She is "practice breathing," readying her lungs for when she breathes on her own! You can also see the umbilical cord well:
Ellie meanwhile is growing up SO fast! I think we are getting a baby just in time because my first baby is definitely not little anymore! She is so capable and articulate. I still am doing everything I can to keep her "my baby" which is particularly tough at the moment since I can't carry her or fit her in my lap! She says, "Mom! Enough kisses and hugs. I already gave you too many!" Ha! Here she is playing hopscotch with neighbor friend, Owen. She really likes to tell him the rules...over and over again! And this picture is my favorite. Owen is saying, "ELLIE! SLOW DOWN!" Ellie (as you can see by the mischievous grin on her face) is LOVING the control...her foot is fully on the pedal and notice she is now going into the yard! She drove all over the place and could not keep the car straight. Um, Dan? You get to handle the whole "driver's ed" stage. :)
I am 9 months on Monday and will post pictures of my ridiculous belly! :) I hope she is coming sooner than later because we are SO ready!

2 comments:

  1. Hurray!!!!!!!! We get to meet Kate SO soon :) I love it!
    -Auntie Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can;t wait to meet Kate!!

    ReplyDelete