Today was Ellie's first day of preschool at her new school, Lake Tapps Christian. I was a little worried that she might cry like last year, but happily there was nothing to worry about! She did SO great! She was ridiculously excited for school and said she LOVES her teacher and her class! HOORAY! What a stress for a mommy until you know all is OK for your little baby! Anyway, she looked adorable, she had a blast, and she came home with a "big girl" confidence. The cutest part of the day was when she gave Kate a "pep talk" before leaving for school. It went something like this:
"It's OK Kate. Don't cry. I know you'll miss me but I have to go to school because I am the big sister. I won't be gone long and I promise to have a tea party with you when I get home. It's OK Sissy, I love you."
Seriously. Too cute. Of course, I cried. I love moments like that. I hope to revisit them in a few years when the girls are beating on each other, pulling hair, and fighting over toys. :) J/K.
Honestly, all I said was "SMILE!" The rest of it is all her idea! :)
Ellie you look SO cute for your first day of school. You are growing up so fast. I can't wait to hear all about your teacher and friends when I see you next weekend! You are such a good big sister too. I'm sure Kate missed you tons while you were gone :)
ReplyDeletexoxo