September 19, 2011

I am Not a Runner

I am not a runner. I have always said this and despite finishing a 10K race this weekend, I still believe it to be true. I don't "train" for races and I have no aspirations for running anything longer than 10K. I hate running "just for fun" on the treadmill or even at home. But I have to admit, I love being part of 5/10K races. I like feeling part of something healthy and positive. I like being "out there" in the community. I like the mental toughness I have to rely on to get me through the run. I like not being too comfortable in my comfort zone. Admittedly, I like being the cheered rather than the cheer-er every once and awhile. And I like knowing I am strong for my girls. Finishing anything difficult is always empowering and I definitely like that. Here are some pictures from my recent race. I ran with my great friend, Tabitha. Despite the fact that the first 4 miles were uphill, we had an awesome time!

No comments:

Post a Comment