Let the festivities begin! Today we kicked off our family Christmas with our annual celebration at Nana and Papa's house. We started with a delicious brunch and then let the kiddos dig in to their stockings. This year was Cole's first Christmas so it was so sweet to watch him experience everything for the first time. I think overall, his new play cell phones and ball drop toy were his favorites. Kate picked up on the whole "unwrapping" concept and really loved opening presents. She has just recently started the "oh wow!" inhale and made sure to expertly demonstrate this new skill at every possible opportunity. Ellie's excitement was enormous and just filled the room with joy. Of course, the highlight for Ellie was her new American Girl stuff. For Kate, I think she was most excited about Cole. :) Those three kids sure do love each other! Kate has a pretty impressive rendition of Jingle Bells that she will sing when she feels up to it and is also counting to ten with decent consistency. Looks like we might have another smarty pants on our hands! When all the gifts were unwrapped, I think we all sort of took a moment at the same time to just stand in awe of how blessed we are at this moment in time...with family, health, home and yes, even presents. I felt the love in the room and I know that we really knew the spirit of the holiday today. I think the love of Jesus on that first Christmas was magnified and it really was special.
OK, so here are a few pictures from our day. Some of these are also on Facebook but I really wanted them here too. We have yet to celebrate with the Ciabattari's and our own little McDonald Christmas morning is yet to be discovered. Stay tuned for more! Enjoy and Merry Christmas! (and if you are reading this, leave a little message for me...I'd like to know who is still out there!)
The McDonalds...tee hee
American Girl NEVER disappoints!
Great picture of the three kids...check out the seriously cute pig tails on Kate!
Handmade with love from Ellie to Cole
FANTASTIC game for the family with kids...actually, we adults played this all afternoon! SO FUN!
What a special day for Papa and Nana having our family all together!!!!! We love you very much!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I can finally comment again! For the longest time it would not let "anonymous" people comment and I didn't have a google ID :). FINALLY!! SO SO much fun yesterday. I just loved watching Kate and Ellie experience Christmas. Thanks for sharing the pictures and for all the fun memories. Love you all!!
ReplyDeleteEllie- I can't wait to play Hedbanz with you again! xoxo
i still am!
ReplyDeleteI look all the time
Amy
This is Uncle Jimbo. I commenting only to say the family photo where you guys are all being goofy is HILARIOUS. I will be mailing to all your new neighbors in Moses Lake ;)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
Jimbob