May 9, 2008

Spokane Visit













Hi! We are home again. We had a great time in Spokane with the Ciabattari family. Ellie and Nick (or "Pickle" as Ellie likes to call him) are officially the best of friends. The two of them had a ridiculous amount of fun every day. Ellie would wake up and say, "Pickle!" and then run downstairs to wait for him to be dropped off at my parents house. They went to Cat Tails (twice) which is a big lion/tiger/panther/cougar refuge. THEY LOVED IT! The rest of the time they played at the Children's Museum, the mall play area, the Bouncy House, in Mema and Papa's huge play room, and at Sissy's house (Lisa). What a fun time.


Needless to say, Ellie has grown a lot. She is speaking in full sentences regularly now and even sings songs. She has outgrown all her shoes and pants from last month and her hair is getting so long! She loves to speak about location: "Elmo is on the table" and "Mommy in bed" and "Ellie cup in back room" and especially loves to answer "where is..." questions (she says "right there!" with a tone that suggests she is so frustrated with your incompetence). We just love her.


Oh yeah, and she draws circles now. She can identify the basic shapes but circle is the first she can create all by herself. Nana and Papa will be so proud since they have been practicing shapes with her for quite some time.


As for us, we have finished our bathroom...YIPPEE! We have a beautiful new tub/shower and new sink fixture. Dan repainted and I purchased new rugs. IT IS AWESOME! We just ran our first load of dishes in our new dishwasher tonight and I must say, it was magical. I think Dan almost cried he was so happy. :) Tomorrow we start on our back and side yards and I get my annual Mother's Day flowers for my pots on my patio. I will take pics of the final product when I can.

Dan was honored yesterday for being State Trooper of the year. I will say more about that in the next blog when I get the video and pics posted. It was quite the ceremony.

Love to all,

Ang












No comments:

Post a Comment