May 11, 2008

Superman

Daddy's new car




A very proud sister


I wanna be like Daddy



Look at my beautiful daughter and handsome husband!



Ellie is in the driver's seat...isn't that fitting



The guys check out the car


Buckle up little lady!



Ellie steals the show playing peek-a-boo




Here are some pictures from Dan's award ceremony. It was so spectacular. They had an honor guard and all the brass was there. The speech was incredible and as soon as I figure out how to get the whole file uploaded, I will share the video with you. Tara and Ellie and I sat front and center and when they called Dan's name, he walked down the main aisle. Ellie got so excited and called out, "DADA! MY DADA!" It was so perfect. Everyone started oohing and ahhing at her and then she ran up on stage with him (this was not planned). She TOTALLY stole the show, playing with his badge and giving him love. The chief called me up to join them and the professional photographer got some great pictures so I will share those as soon as we receive them.


It was so humbling standing next to my husband. I know how great he is but when you see all those people there to honor him and hear the amazing words the captain said about him, it was very moving. He deserved every minute of the celebration.


He also brought his car in and it was on display for everyone to see. Seriously, if you want to see grown men cry, just show them a new car. I thought the car was pretty great but these men were literally salivating. Everyone wanted to shake his hand (especially the new troopers, it was so cute) and check out his car. The captain spoke with me personally and expressed his admiration for Dan and his hard work, family values, and positive attitude. He said it was really a remarkable thing to work with someone so devoted to both his family and his service who was at the same time ALWAYS positive. He told me that his fellow officers refer to him as "Superman." Again, I was SO proud (oh yeah, and after we schmoozed a bit, I helped convince the captain to add more lights to the back of Dan's car so he would be safer. He couldn't really argue with me...I was holding Ellie and she was making her cute little flirt face. :) )


Congratulations Dan! We love you and are SO proud of the father, husband, son, brother, and police officer that you are. Ellie will grow up to learn from you the values of hard work and community service. She will understand that she owes her community something rather than assuming entitlement to its privileges and will grow up to be a person of character, just like you. What an important lesson. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. This is Lisa, I had to use your sign on Ang....mine wasn't working. Dan, we are all so proud of you! You are a man of great integrity, and I have always been proud to call you "brother". I know how humble you are, so you will probably just read this and be like yeah, yeah, yeah....but Ang is right...you do deserve all of the admiration and praise that has come your way. Congratulations bro!And Ang, you deserve some praise too. Being the wife of a trooper is a very difficult task sometimes, especially w/the crazy schedule...but you have been a great supportive wife, who has done an amazing job keeping a routine the best you can for Ellie and Dan. I love you both and my little Ellie marshmellie too :)

    ReplyDelete