Have I mentioned that I love fall? We have been having a lot of fun at autumn festivals lately. We went to two this weekend: a local harvest festival in Fife and the Salmon Days Festival in Issaquah. The Fife festival was very small and we almost didn't stop because the weather was so awful, but Ellie wanted enough time to get a balloon animal, jump in the bouncy house, and see the fire trucks. The Salmon Days Festival was awesome! Dan was volunteering at a WSP booth but he was able to join us for a bit of fun at the bouncy castle and the pony ride.
The best thing about going to all these festivals, outings, etc is that Ellie's vocabulary grows tremendously. She has learned the concepts 'attached' 'fog' 'hibernate' 'autumn' and 'traffic' just in the last two days. She understands what makes autumn a different season and is associating leaves, Halloween, pumpkins, etc. with one another. She is growing and changing so much. My most recent conclusion is that Ellie is extremely observant like Dan. Today she pointed out that a man on a motorcycle had curly hair and while parked in front of a store, she said, "Look Mama, an O for Olivia, a P for Papa, an E for Ellie and and N for Nicholas (all the letters in the OPEN sign in the store front window)." While driving, she points out that she sees an "America flag" or "two diggers, but only one is yellow" or "Mountain Rainier." She further explained that a witch is like Cinderella because they both have a cat (Lucifer and a black cat) and a broom. I just don't know what she will say next but I am always amazed.
I also took Ellie to the Senior Citizen Bazaar at Milton's town hall. I put $4 in coins in her little pink purse and let her "shop." Needless to say, she had so much fun and the Seniors LOVED her. If you were wondering, she purchased two bracelets and two felt pumpkin goody bags with M&M's in them. Jewelry, "purses", and chocolate...she is so much like her mommy. :)
Happy Autumn!
Ang
No comments:
Post a Comment