October 19, 2008

Making the Most of the Season

Sometime between leaving for college and getting married, I realized that holidays just weren't as much fun as they used to be. At that time, neither I nor my siblings had any kids and so the holiday celebrations seemed to be wanting. Today, I was looking at my photos from the weekend and realized that I do more to celebrate the season in a weekend than I ever did post childhood/pre-Ellie. Everything is more fun with Ellie! She is such a joy. On Saturday, I took Ellie to a preschool workshop where she made four different Halloween crafts (a picture frame, a windsock, etc) and then attended a special Halloween themed day/birthday party at the zoo. Today after mass, we took Ellie to a pumpkin patch in Olympia (I swear, that was the last one!). Papa Jerry went with us and Ellie had a great time riding the old fashioned carousel and a pony named Reggie, sliding down the big slide with Dan, and tasting her first Elephant Ear. I really don't know who is having more fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment