November 23, 2008

Thankful

I have always been fortunate to be surrounded by the right people at the right time. In college, I met my three best friends: Elizabeth, Claire and Erin. They helped me to laugh when I tended to take everything too seriously, helped me cry when I was too proud to admit I was falling apart, and helped me see the amazing grace of God when I needed nothing else.
After college, my friends/colleagues at Federal Way High School taught me how to be an effective teacher, even to some of the toughest kids I'd ever known. I learned that age/background/culture etc were not barriers to friendship, especially when we were united by a common purpose. They shared my stress, halved my burdens, celebrated my wedding, welcomed my daughter, and honored my contributions as teacher.
And now, hundreds of miles away from my family, I have once again been blessed with the most amazing group of friends who not only love and support me like family, but also love my daughter as if she was their own. Being a stay-at-home mom could be very isolating...or so I have heard. I really wouldn't know because God has surrounded me with such an awesome circle of "mommy friends." We are each so different but we are bonded by our common love for our kids. Ruth is strong, candid, and carefree. Shawnta is compassionate, empathetic, and level-headed. Carla is funny, resourceful, and giving. Tiffany is so loving I want to hug her constantly. Angela is feisty, funny and sensitive. Amy is intelligent, good natured, and gentle. And Rosanna's capacity for love is limitless. And they are all AMAZING moms. Ellie loves all of these ladies (and their kids) like family and I keep thinking how lucky we both are to have them here at this time in our lives. Here are a few pictures of our recent get together, celebrating the pending birth of Ruth's third little someone.
Thanksgiving is just a few days away and I am so thankful for so many things: I am blessed with wonderful family, a cozy home, and good health. But this year, I feel especially grateful for the friends that God has placed in my life at what seems to have always been, and continues to be, the perfect place and time. Thank you to all my wonderful friends. I love you!

-Ang

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Ang. We all have so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete