March 22, 2009

It's The Simple Things

Happy Sunday! We had a great weekend despite the fact that Ellie has Croup! Poor little thing coughs all night and is so tired! It forced us to cancel our plans and stay close to home, which actually turned out to be wonderful. Let's see... First, I may be so bold to say that Ellie is potty trained! She has been very successful and only wears a diaper at night. We are so excited! Second, Uncle Jim came over Saturday night for dinner (pulled pork tacos...yum!) Ellie LOVES Uncle Jim and the two of them entertain each other. We had a great time catching up with him!
Uncle Jim makes shoulder pads for Ellie :)
Third, we are taking care of my brother Andre's dogs while he and family are in Disneyland. Jaxie, Brutus, and Bella and Jim's dog Boston ran all over the house in dog excitement until they finally pooped out on the floor in the front room. Jaxie was so tired she overshot the dogbed and slept halfway on the floor. It's tough being a dog. :) I cannot believe I survived a weekend with a pack of dogs (literally) running through my home! Finally, today Dan and I took Ellie to the park. I read that a blast of cold air is good for Croup so we took Ellie to the park up the road for a little walk around the track, etc. The sun was shining for the most part so it wasn't miserable but the cold definitely made itself known! In any case, this was the BEST part of the weekend. You can tell from the pictures that we enjoyed ourselves immensely. It was just great to be outside again (come on Summer!) and spend time with my hubby and daughter. We continued on to Costco for a great round of free samples (what? you KNOW you do it too!) and then home for a yummy home-cooked meal. All in all, it was a great weekend. Ellie still has a cough but I am hopeful that by tomorrow she is well enough to go to Story Time at the library. So that is all from me for now. I am sitting here drinking tea and eating a homemade oatmeal-chocolate-cranberry-did I mention chocolate? cookie. I am feeling a bit more balanced since I finally got EVERY closet in my house organized, including my pantry (I even made it to Ikea to help me finish a few nagging organizational projects). Dan has been busy in the yard and sometime this week I am going to attempt planting Clematis. We will see how that goes. Spring cleaning is in full force around here! Until later... Lots of love, Ang

3 comments:

  1. I love your post Ang! Really great shots from the track. Esp the ones of Ellie pushing Hi-o-jina. Riley was feeding her baby milk from her cup yesterday. So funny. But seriously, how can you be any more organized? I don't believe it :) You are the queen of that. But good job anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree w/ eliz... you are so organized! i need you both to come to portland and help ME get organized too. i loved the pics too. i was giggling outloud as i read that you were sitting drinking tea and eating cookies b/c i am doing the EXACT same thing as i read your post. tea: check. cookie(s): check. great morning! miss you and ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pics! I especially liked the track ones! Wow! can Dan really jump that high? Or was it a lil trick photography; )

    Hope she is all recovered from her croup: ( Sandy had some real bad times with it when she was a little girl....

    Love to all!

    Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete