
Last night, Dan and I decided to explain to Ellie about the baby. It was quite a moment. I told Ellie that Mommy went to the doctor and he told me that I had something special in my tummy. We let our three year old guess what that might be:
guess #1: gummy snacks
(We told her no, better than that)
guess #2: FRENCH FRIES!
After some more good laughs, we gave her one more guess...
guess #3: BABY! (and then asked if I would open my tummy and show her :) )
Ellie then told us she thinks she will get a little sister who she would like to name Walkie Talkie. But if it's a boy, then she wants his name to be Toe.
We really are not the least bit surprised as Ellie is known for her "unique" names (recall her baby doll is named Hi-Oh-Jina).
The rest of the evening was a lot of fun as Ellie described to us how she would care for her baby. She said she would help us rock "her" to sleep and feed "her" and change "her" diaper (with specifics as to how she would lay the diaper on the floor first and then put the baby on it
softly). The conversations and questions are ongoing now, and explaining where new babies get milk was a total riot! She will be an INCREDIBLE big sissy because she is such a little nurturer to all her dolls and LOVES LOVES LOVES playing mommy (her favorite book is
Little Mommy for goodness sake!). We can't wait. Ellie understands that she gets her baby in the Spring and already tells everyone about her new secret. I'm really enjoying this because I was the youngest and never experienced the excitement of a new baby coming to the family. Again, just more happiness all around. :)
Love to All,
Ang
I can't wait to see Ellie as a BIG sister. She is going to be so loving and helpful. How exciting that she finally knows!!
ReplyDelete-Auntie Tara