I really wanted to spend an entire day with Ellie doing whatever she wanted. I feel this special time with just me and her slowly reaching an end point and I want to make the most of it. I asked her to make a list of all the things she wanted to do and this is what she came up with:
go to Starbucks (that's my girl!)
ride the carousel
get cotton candy
go to the park and have a picnic
go to the library
go to Barnes and Noble and play at the train table
make and eat cookies
Believe it or not, we did everything on her list. :) She was so ecstatic. We started off getting lattes (decaf of course!) and then went to the Supermall to ride the carousel and get cotton candy. We went to a park in Federal Way and met up with Nana and Papa for our picnic. Ellie got to pick everything for the picnic and I am happy to say it wasn't too unhealthy! She picked cheese, oranges, bunny crackers, fruit snacks, raisins and juice. Not bad Ellie! Then we stopped at the bookstore and stayed for what seemed like FOREVER! Ellie is TOTALLY my kid and could honestly live in a bookstore. She wanted to read everything, play at the train table and then discovered the stuffed animals. Of course, she wanted to get one and any other day I would have said No and she would have been OK with that but it was a special day so we bought a cute little deer. She was very surprised and VERY happy. We picked up some books we had on hold at the library and then Ellie fell asleep in the car. I made Oatmeal/Raisin/Banana cookies so we munched on those before ballet practice later in the evening. Ellie and I both had a terrific day. I hope she knows how much I love her. I just feel I can't say it or show it enough. :)
Carousel

Cotton Candy

Perfect sunshine for the tire swing at the park!
Train table at the bookstore

Ellie asleep with her new deer
love love love the photos. I am sure she knows how much you love her.....just like you know how much I love you!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the day you two had...and how special! That is such a great idea. You are a WONDERFUL mom and I'm sure she knows just how much you and Dan love her. :)
ReplyDeleteawwwwwwwwwwwwww Words cannot express the feelings and memories that this blog brings back to me of my children when they were little.. I hope you realize the impact your blogs have on alot of people who read them I know they do to me Your blogs make me smile cry laugh and make me want to go back and do it all again I hope my children look back on their childhoods the way Ellie is going to look at hers and smile and say " GOOD JOB MOM & DAD!!! Thank You Angela for always Sharing with us11 LOVE YOU LOTS!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLoved the Pics! But Loved the Words even more!
ReplyDelete