February 2, 2008

Good Dog











I am feeling a bit guilty. In my ongoing obsession with posting Ellie pictures, I have neglected to post pictures of Jaxie. I have to admit that Jaxie is probably one of the sweetest dogs ever and she really deserves some recognition. She is great with Ellie and very aware of Ellie's schedule, moods, etc. When Ellie is getting ready to nap or go to bed at night, Jaxie assumes her place on the couch and sleeps until the second (I mean literally, the actual second) Ellie wakes up. Then Jaxie jumps up and goes to Ellie's bedroom door and waits for me to open it. There hasn't been a day yet that Ellie hasn't woken up to Jaxie licking her face through the slats of her crib. It is also a little known fact that Jaxie has never really learned how to give up her tennis ball. We taught her "drop it" but she would rather you wrestle it from her teeth after an hour of trying. But amazingly, Ellie says, "drop it" in her own baby dialect and Jaxie does immediately; she doesn't make a move as Ellie picks up her coveted ball. If I tried to reach for it, Jaxie would snatch it up before I ever got close. She is very protective of Ellie and loves to make Ellie laugh by making a funny growl sound. Ellie, in turn, feeds Jaxie cereal, goldfish crackers, and anything else when Mommy and Daddy aren't looking. It really is a special relationship. Jaxie, we love you. Good dog.

1 comment:

  1. cute jaxie! it seems you, eliz and i all did dog blogs this past few days... ha!

    ReplyDelete