May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day and I feel weird saying, "Happy Memorial Day" like it is the same as St. Patrick's Day or the Fourth of July or something. I hope everyone took a moment to say a prayer for those lost in service for our country and especially for the ones who still wait to return home. Moreover, Dan had to respond to a fatality collision today. A young man was intoxicated and crossed the center line, striking an older man on a motorcycle, killing him instantly. What scared me most was that my brother and his family traveled that same route and were stuck in the back up caused by the collision. A slight change in travel speed, departure time, etc. and it could have been his car instead of the motorcycle. Thank God it wasn't, but I feel awful for the poor family who had to receive such horrible news this afternoon. Please pray for the family if you think of it. SO...it's a Memorial Day with a lot of sadness but a lot of joy too. Tara spent the whole day with Ellie and me and we had the best time. I have started the long process of making my vision for Ellie's toddler room a reality (hopefully in time for her second birthday) and THANK GOODNESS FOR AUNTIE TARA! I had to spend a considerable amount of time at the fabric store today (yes, I am being creative and crafty...I know, miracles do happen) and if Tara wasn't there to entertain Ellie and offer her great advice, I don't know how I would have done it. In any case, we were very successful there and followed it up with lunch, a trip to the bookstore, playtime outside and a very yummy summer meal (garlic prawns, sauteed zucchini, and cantaloupe if you were wondering). Ellie was in a great mood and put on quite a show. I took video of her newest moment but it really doesn't do it justice. Ellie decided that she was going to go "bye bye" and packed herself up accordingly. Please note, she dressed herself and all of the accessories were her idea. There was no prompting here...this is her version of the "essentials." Could this perhaps be her interpretation of Mommy??????? :)

1 comment:

  1. love the video - hilarious that she mentions coffee about 99 times... hmmm ang is an addict!!

    ReplyDelete