June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

THERE ARE SIMPLY NO WORDS FOR THIS PICTURE.
Have your people call my people, OK?

Ellie wakes up to her new table and chairs



Bear is Ellie's first guest for tea



Ellie and her daddy try to fit inside her lady bug tent. This didn't go so well for Dan. :)



Being silly with Daddy



Our little monkey



Relaxing on the patio



Dan and his dad



What a day. Jaxie is exhausted!



This Father's Day, I really wanted to get a family picture of Dan, Ellie, Jaxie and me, but somehow, it didn't happen. Still, I think I got enough pictures of the rest of the day to keep the memories.

Ellie and I started the day at 6am...grocery shopping (I saved $114 dollars today! Wahoo!), watering the flowers, and preparing all the food. She was a very good girl today and helped mommy a ton. She decorated everyone's paper plate with VERY impressive drawings and even helped mommy make the fruit and pasta salads. We also started a new tradition this year. Ellie made Dan a card with a tracing of her hand. I wrote a special memory from the year in each finger and dated it. I hope to do this every year so Dan can look back on years passed and note the change in Ellie's growth. I hope I remember to keep it up! Sunshine, great food, family, stocked coolers, kiddie pool, and the entire day spent on the patio. Perfect. :)


Of course, the best part of the day centered around Ellie. Auntie Tara bought Ellie her first pair of "heels." Watching her try to walk in them (especially with her interesting choice of clothing) was just too much. I haven't laughed that hard since the dinosaur dance. :) Hope you all enjoyed your Sunday. Happy Father's Day Dad! Missed you!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete