June 21, 2008

Having a Blast

My two favorite people sharing a banana and honey sandwich

Yummy picnic lunch on our patio


Ellie shares her watermelon with Jaxie...how thoughtful :)



It's rough being Jaxie


Going for a ride in stroller



What a great picture!


Ellie tickling mommy




Race for the Cure, Quest Field



The WSP Race for the Cure Team



Even Pink and Yellow Lovies wore the breast cancer ribbons




Mom, look at my race number!




Ellie at Green Lake with little trooper friends




What a day!


Summer is so much fun this year! The last time I remember a summer being this fun, I was a kid. Dan and I are enjoying every minute with Ellie this season. Each morning, Ellie wakes up and then comes into our bed for another 30 minutes of snuggle/snooze. She and I then get up and start coffee/breakfast/feed dog/rediscover toys/etc. I try to shower while she is engrossed in a book or something. Then we are off and there are so many activities to choose from! We go for walks on trails or down by the water (Redondo or Ruston Way); to parks for picnics, swings and slides; to Little Gym or Gymboree for crazy fun; to friends' houses for kiddie pool chaos; to the library for new books and cd's; to farmer's markets and small town festivals (there are a TON around here!); to dog parks and zoos and local events. Then we make it home in time for Ellie to conk out for a couple hours while I do yard work or read or housework etc. Dan wakes up (he is on night shift) then Ellie and we spend the afternoon being together doing one of the aforementioned things or just enjoying each other on our patio and BBQing. By the end of the night, Ellie is SO sticky and dirty with watermelon, popsicle, grass and dirt: bath time is a must. Why can't it be summer ALL THE TIME??!!! Anyway, we are so happy and having so much fun and I hope the same for all of you. Here are some pictures of our recent sunny days. Enjoy!


-Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment