September 8, 2008
A Sad Loss
Dear Family and Friends,
Last night, I experienced some complications which brought me to the hospital and ultimately led us to the knowledge that I am not carrying a successful pregnancy. The ultrasound revealed that I am pregnant with an egg that never produced a fetus. So, my body went through the motions of pregnancy, growing a gestational sack (as the doctor called it), but I never actually had a healthy baby to speak of. Of course this is such a sad time for us and a huge disappointment however, we are considering ourselves very fortunate. There was no fetus so our loss seems less tragic. The doctor assured/reminded us that this is extremely common and does not mean we can't get pregnant (obviously since we have Ellie). I felt much better when he explained that the problem was with the egg and not with me. Dan and I know it's God's plan and that another special little one awaits us in the future. I guess this is why most people wait until 12 months to share their pregnancy news! Oh well. Anyway, thanks for your support and please know we are fine and will surely grow our family as soon as the doctors give me the OK!
Love,
Angela, Dan, and Ellie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment