There is no place like San Diego! What an amazing vacation! Ellie had her second birthday party on Saturday, September 13th at Edgewood Park. All her closest friends and family were there and she and her friends played on the swings and slides and ate cupcakes and sack lunches. I cried when everyone sang "Happy Birthday:" in part because I couldn't believe my baby girl was two years old and also because I was overwhelmed by how many people loved and supported Ellie at that moment. She (we) are so blessed.
The following morning, we left the house at 5:30am (yikes!) in order to catch our flight to San Diego. The airport and flight were great and we were in San Diego and ready to play by 10:00am. From then on, it was an endless run of sun, sand, amusement parks, zoos, beaches and harbors, poolside relaxation, and great food. I won't detail EVERY moment of our trip but I will say that Sea World was BY FAR our favorite experience. We all got to pet the dolphins and Ellie embraced every new experience.
Most of you know that we met up with our good friends, the Pine family. Their little daughter Gabriella and Ellie are dear friends and needless to say, had the time of their lives together. Our two families had so much fun and the time the girls spent together made their trip that much more memorable.
For those of you who want more details and pictures, I have included a link to our Picasa photo album on the sidebar of this blog. For those of you who don't, here is a sampling of a few of my favorite pictures.
We loved our six days in San Diego and will definitely go again, but it was nice to come home to our dog and home and the Pacific Northwest. Can't wait to see or hear from all of you soon. Love to all!
Nice pictures!!!!! I have been waiting!!!!! Worth the wait!!! Isn't San Diego Awesome!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Ellie! Looks like your trip was a lot of fun. Can't wait to catch up with you.
ReplyDelete