April 23, 2010

Just a Stepping Stone

Today, I turn 30 years old. I have a million different feelings about this day, time, hour, moment in my life and although I am usually fairly good at putting my thoughts into words, I can't help but think of the lyrics from Alan Jackson's "Remember When" song. He seemed to say it much better: Remember when, thirty seemed so old. Now looking back, It's just a stepping stone To where we are, where we've been. Said we'd do it all again, Remember when. OK, so maybe 30 does still seem a little old to me but the stepping stone idea is true enough. I am thirty years old. I have a husband, two BEAUTIFUL and healthy daughters, a dog, a home, and a supportive and healthy community of family, church, and friends. Wow. I am so lucky. I mean, really. Really lucky. I couldn't ask for more. And I know this really is a stepping stone. God willing, I am only at the start of the path I look forward to: watching the girls grow up...Kate's first smile, "mama," footstep...Ellie's first goal in soccer, tying her shoes, reading a book...Dan and I continuing to plan and save for our goals and share them with our daughters....the girls trying out life as teenagers, learning "heartbreak" isn't forever, forming an inseparable friendship with each other... and so it goes. I am not going to feel too bad about being older today. Thank God for the opportunity! And I am especially grateful because I can still see all the wonderful places to come and do not regret any of the places I've been. Again, I am so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Angela.................Happy Happy Birthday!! "30" looks Great On you!! Love your Thoughts on turning 30 ....Beautifully said!! You are Truly a Beautiful Person whoes light shines bright and blesses many!!! I am sooooo Happy to have you in my life!!! Love ya lots!!!

    ReplyDelete