July 4, 2010

June then July

My first July 2010 posting and I am still trying to figure out what happened to June! I think I missed the entire month! Perhaps because we really haven't had any summer weather yet or perhaps because we have just been distracted by the goings-on of late. On June 20th, my grandma (Gigi) passed away. I flew with Kate to Chicago so we could attend the wake and funeral. Kate is named after my grandma (Katherine) so it was a special meeting for sure. Shortly after we returned, I underwent minor surgery to have a cyst removed from my ovary. I am still recovering but feeling much better though these events have most certainly blurred the past couple weeks. In any case, time continues to do its job and my little ladies are continuing to grow quicker than ever. Ellie has officially mastered the cartwheel which we are all VERY excited about! She has been practicing daily for months. She also can count to 100 with just a few mistakes. Way to go Ellie! Kate is cooing ALL THE TIME and continues to reveal new wonders of her personality every day. For example, she loves to sleep with something soft or warm by her face (which of course keeps me in a constant state of stress!). She actually snuggles her lovey already. Also, Kate has extremely strong legs and can scoot herself around if she has something to push against. She thinks everyone around her is hilarious and her smile is contagious. She also loves to twirl her hair and continues to prefer her fist over her binky (though I believe she is looking for her thumb but just hasn't quite figured it out yet). Like Ellie, Kate loves music and movement. And Kate is a total cuddle bug! She will snuggle right up to whomever is holding her and it melts me every time.
My mom is her for a couple weeks to help me while I recover from surgery. Looks like she is handling her responsibility well. :)
Papa Jerry turned 60 on the 4th of July and we celebrated at our place. We had a great time and Ellie made sure Papa's day was extra special. Happy Birthday Jerry!
Nice shot Ellie!
Uncle Matt will do anything for little Ellie Bean. What a guy!
Daddy and Kate out grilling the burgers
I love this picture of Father and Son
Ellie loves her Papa!
Ellie explaining her special decoration for Papa
And of course, I like to end with some new pictures of Kate. I am completely addicted to her. Her cheeks are so squishy, her skin is beautiful, her smile is contagious, and her little rolls are delicious! :) In fact, I'm going to get her now and snuggle her up! Enjoy the photos!
"Mom, seriously? Take this damn thing off my head!"
Mema did my hair!
This is her favorite way to sleep.
OOOOOH! That little beauty!
Sweet Love

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!! THANK YOU ANGELA!!!! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete