July 29, 2010
Ocean Shores
Forgive me for posting mostly pictures and little narrative these days. It seems that 24 hours is not as long as it used to be! Here are some recent pictures from our trip to Ocean Shores. Ocean Shores is not exactly beautiful beach but the time we had just playing with our daughters, being together, and loving our wholeness as a family was so awesome. The highlights included roasting smores on the campfire, flying a kite for the first time, and treasure hunting for seashells. It was one of those special times that I want to forever keep imprinted in my memory. Several times, Dan and I would look up at each other and know the same thing: this moment. Right now. Let's freeze time and stay in this moment forever. I would be sitting in front of the campfire on the beach holding Kate asleep in my arms. Ellie would be sitting in the sand with Dan, digging and building sand castles to her heart's content while singing a Taylor Swift song at the top of her lungs for all the beach to hear. I would be thinking: "This is US. This is the WE that we have built together."



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You truly have the most beautiful family!! Love following your adventures. :)
ReplyDeletelove it! ellie has so much spunk... love all the pics!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THE MCDONALDS AND LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! KEEP EM COMING ANGELA!! SOOOOOO APPRECIATED!1 XOXXO
ReplyDelete