June 21, 2009
And Back Home Again
This weekend we traveled to Spokane to pick up some furniture from my mom and dad's house. Ellie was sick all weekend with tummy issues and a cold but despite that, we actually had a very fun and yet relaxing visit.
On our way, we stopped in Vantage. Ellie had a blast throwing rocks into the water.

Of course once we got to Spokane, all Ellie wanted was her Mema. Seriously, it is a bit ridiculous. She is excited to see everyone but is honest to goodness OBSESSED with her Mema. She wants her the minute she wakes up (in a whisper): "Mama! Can I go get my Mema now?" She wants her the minute she is hurt or needs comfort (crying): "I waaant my Meeeeeemmmaaaaa!" And when I asked her what her favorite part of the trip was she said, "Snuggling with Mema in the big chair." So funny. The rest of us are pretty much chopped liver. :) Here is a picture of the two of them doing the "tree" pose from yoga.
While we were at Mema and Papa's house, Ellie discovered one of my old dresses. I wore this dress when I was three. I hoped to include a picture of me in the dress but we haven't found one yet. In any case, here is Ellie wearing her mommy's dress from 26 years ago. P.S. these pics were taken within 30 seconds of each other. Amazing how quickly a toddler changes her disposition!
After a great weekend, we finally made it back home again. It's great to come home but overwhelming too. Ellie is sick and Dan and I have a million things to do and not enough time to do them (he works two overtime shifts today alone!). Still, we love our house and love coming home and thinking, "We are SO blessed."
And finally there is Jaxie. That darn dog WILL NOT walk normal on a leash, runs away every chance she gets, chases bikes and squirrels recklessly, and scratches at the door. But...there are just some things Jaxie does that makes up for everything else.
"Night night time Jaxie." That is all we say and this is where she goes until Ellie wakes in the morning. I love that dog. :)
And Happy Father's Day to Dan and all the rest of the dads! Dan is out cleaning his father's day gift now (the truck). He is in 7th Heaven! :)
Love to All,
Ang
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
aww i love the pic of jaxie and ellie in bed. so sweet! sounds like a good trip... looking forward to seeing you guys next month!
ReplyDelete