June 1, 2009
Keeping it Simple
Once Ellie and Dan and Jaxie wake up, the day gets too loud, too busy, too demanding for any time/space to just think, breathe, and have perspective. So, I went for a run this morning before they woke up. In that space and time, I tried to remind myself that all the busyness that awaited me was really just not that important. I took time to pray and be thankful for neighbors (new and old), friends (new and old), family, and God. And I really appreciated Buckley. :) Honestly, it was so quiet. I didn't hear cars, freeway echo, etc. I heard birds, sprinklers, the breeze, and my own steps. It was so awesome.
Speaking of Buckley, here are a few things I have noticed about my new home town:
Neighbors bring you cold beer while you move in as a sign of friendship.
People wave from their cars when they turn in front of you (even if it's their right-of-way).
People LOVE to lend tools, resources, and man power whenever they have the chance.
The post office is very small (you have to ring a bell for service and the lady doesn't use a computer...she asks your name and address (if she doesn't know you) and then goes in the back and gets your mail) but extremely efficient and they do not lose mail.
Clerks, tellers, etc are actually cordial, look you in the eye, and even smile! AMAZING!
We are perfectly sandwiched between Lake Tapps and Mt. Rainer.
There is such thing as a beige cow.
:)
That is all for now. Goodnight from Buckley!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We're so happy you guys are getting settled in. Sounds as though there's plenty of peace of mind in Buckley.........
ReplyDelete