June 30, 2009
Almost Three...Look at Me!
I'm almost 3! Just a few months until my birthday but I can already do so many things! Mommy and Daddy are most impressed with my vocabulary (newest words used are impressed, observation, sly and passenger). I LOVE LOVE LOVE to talk, especially when I am recalling rules and warnings my mommy has told me before. I am also VERY good at making up my own stories. All my stories start with "Once upon a time..." and most of them have a witch, a monster, a "sweet and pretty girl named Ellie" (who knows where she came up with that one), and sometimes a fox. I like when someone gets "gobbled up."
I also have a responsibility chart and I am very responsible! I feed the dog, make my bed, brush my teeth, go potty, wash my hands, and clean my play room ALL BY MYSELF! I can even get dressed by myself...well, most of the time!
I get a dime for every smiley face I earn and then that money goes in my piggy bank (or I buy something I really want, like a new princess umbrella). But I am still little because I like to sneak into Mommy and Daddy's bed at night and I still like to be carried at times. I have become a MUCH better snuggler and give the best hugs and kisses now. I tell Mommy and Daddy (when they least expect it, which is the best) "I love you SOOOOO much."
I am growing so quickly these days. Mommy thinks I am in a growth spurt because she says I look taller every day. Still, I am the most "petite" of most of my friends so I guess I am still little. :)
Lately, I have been playing with a lot of older kids (my cousins and neighbors) and they have taught me all kinds of things. I am getting so much better at riding my bike, climbing toys (and furniture! YIKES!) and even playing sports. Mommy calls me "monkey" because I am always hanging upside down or swinging on something. Here are some pictures of me doing the things that I love to do best:
As you can see, I really like to play actively these days. When I am not playing sports and games, I like to play pretend. This is my FAVORITE way to play. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to play library, store, house, and restaurant (although library is my favorite). Mommy says she and Sissy used to play the same things and liked to stamp the books just like me! I am so imaginative. You should see what I come up with! Yesterday I took Hi-O-Jina to the zoo (the pretend one) and we took pictures of all the animals and then had a picnic. It was great but Hi-O-Jina was so tired that she had to go right to bed. And I definitely have to dress up for everything! Mommy gets irritated because I change my clothes multiple times throughout the day. I try to explain that I need different clothes for biking, going to the store, playing with friends, playing library, going to pretend dance lessons, and of course going to the pretend ballet. She just shakes her head and makes an "UGH!" sound.
My most recent dress up fun was when I went to my friend Ava's 3rd birthday party this weekend. It was "Beauty and the Beast" and I dressed up as Belle. Look how cute I looked:

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I JUST LOVE THIS CHILD AND YOUR BLOGS!!!! JUST CAN;T STOP SMILING!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh Ellie, you are quite the busy girl these days! What a creative and smart girl you are. Can't wait to see you!
ReplyDeleteEllie, I still can't believe you can flip over the bar on your trampoline all by yourself! You make Aunite Tara proud with your gymnastics skills!
ReplyDeleteSeriously...there are no words. :) I love you!